Benefits of Premarital Counseling
We all know that planning a wedding requires time, money, and energy. But have you considered how you and your fiancé are both taking initiatives in the planning of your marriage? Have you considered premarital counseling?
Premarital counseling is a time for couples to learn the proper expectations and skills needed to navigate life together. Creating healthy habits of how you respond and interact with each other will help you get through common relationship issues. Here are some common myths about premarital counseling – and some benefits you haven’t considered.
Common Myths About Premarital Counseling
- Myth: If you go to premarital counseling, it means your relationship is doomed and you should not get married.
- Fact: Investing time in learning about yourself, your partner, and your relationship is one of the best gifts you can give yourselves and your new life together.
- Myth: It’s too expensive.
- Fact: The cost of planning for your marriage is less than 2% of what you will spend on your wedding day.
- Myth: Premarital counseling is only for people who have problems.
- Fact: Premarital counseling focuses on learning tools to get your marriage prepared for common obstacles couples may face in the future.
- Myth: We are so busy, we have no time.
- Fact: The average time it takes to plan for your marriage in one of my programs is 4- 8 hours! On average, a wedding can take up to 200-300 hours to plan. Plus, if you take my online course, you have access to it at any time of day to complete, and it’s mobile-friendly!
What You Will Gain Through Premarital Counseling
- Practical strategies to maintain a happy relationship.
- How to handle differences when it comes to house chores, managing money, raising a family, and showing intimacy.
- Understanding the impact of relationship roles and expectations.
- How to manage stress, health, and wellness together.
- Better communication and conflict management skills, including staying present when having a difficult conversation and learning not to feel like you will make things worse.
- Plus, you will save
- Plus, you will save $60 towards your marriage license and waive the 72-hour waiting period when you complete my 8-hour course thanks to the Twogether in Texas Program.
- How do I know which program is right for my fiancé and me?
- I make it simple, convenient, and affordable for couples just like you to pick the right package that matches your style and schedule.
- For the couple who likes to go in-depth:
- In-person sessions will be your go-to option. We will tailor your skills to your relationship based on an assessment that will review your strengths and areas of improvement.
- For the couple who is on the go or who may be long-distance:
- Online relationship classes maybe your best option. They cover all the essential relationship skills taught in the in-person packages while allowing you to work on your own time from the comfort of your home.
- The online class is also the right program if you feel uncomfortable talking to someone about your relationship but still want to invest in building your marriage.
- You will also have lifetime access to the online class and can choose from different online class packages to suit your needs!
- Can the in-person counseling sessions or online classes be given as a gift?
- Absolutely! If you find that some family members or even parents are unsure what the best gift for you is, how about the gift of a healthy marriage? Family members can purchase the online class for you or prepay for the in-person counseling sessions.
- What if something bad about our relationship comes up?
- This is a normal fear. I often tell couples b that if there is something “bad,” it will eventually come up. It’s best to discuss concerns early in the relationship. With the skills and tools that you learn from premarital counseling, chances are, you can overcome any issues.
As a newlywed myself, planning your wedding day is a special experience. I simply want to remind you that a beautiful and memorable wedding day, regardless of cost, is purchased, but marriage is created by taking the time to learn the right relationship skills!
By Priscilla Rodriguez, M.S., LMFT, Owner of Modern Wellness Counseling
Priscilla specializes in working with engaged couples and helps them learn the strategic tools needed so that they can be on the same page throughout every chapter of their lives. Be sure to check out the online premarital courses to get more information on how you can begin to plan for your marriage and do not forget to download the Free Conversation Checklist for Engaged Couples.
Click Below For More Info On Our Featured Vendors
Suggested Blog Posts For You