Marriage License Details
When and where should you apply for a Texas marriage license? To ensure you’ll meet Texas State’s marriage license timing requirements, apply one to two weeks before the scheduled date of your wedding ceremony. Your marriage license can be obtained at any county courthouse across the state. Here are some of the specific requirements for obtaining a Texas marriage license.
- Both applicants must be present and must provide proof of age and identity with a certified copy of your birth certificate or a certificate, license, or document (e.g., driver’s license, passport, military ID) issued by this state, another state, the U.S. government or a foreign government.
- Each applicant is required to present a Social Security card or proof of Social Security number.
- No blood test is required.
- For Bexar County applicants, the cost is $81 cash (checks and cards are not accepted).
- In Texas, the legal age to obtain a marriage license without parental consent is 18 years.
- Minors (applicants under the age of 18) who wish to apply for a marriage license must submit a completed parent or guardian consent form – available at the county clerk’s office for parents who reside in Bexar County, or online for parents who reside outside of Bexar County.
- There is a 72-hour waiting period from the time the license was purchased until the time the ceremony can be performed (active duty military personnel are exempt). However, the marriage ceremony must take place within 90 days from the date of purchase, otherwise the license expires.
- A marriage license may not be issued if either applicant has been divorced within the last 30 days unless: A) the applicants were divorced from each other, or B) the prohibition against remarriage is waived by the court.
Bexar County Clerk’s Office
101 W. Nueva, Ste. 120, San Antonio
Comal County Clerk’s Office
150 N. Seguin, Ste. 101, New Braunfels
Guadalupe County Justice Center
211 W. Court Street, Seguin
Kendall County Clerk’s Office
201 East San Antonio Street, #127, Boerne
Kerr County Clerk’s Office
700 Main Street, Ste. 122, Kerrville
Wilson County Clerk’s Office
1420 3rd Street, Ste. 105, Floresville
Click Below For More Info On Our Featured Vendors