Are you counting down the days to the big day? Have you had that wedding nightmare that so many brides experience? Don’t worry, you’re not alone! Planning for any life event comes with some worry. It’s just part of it. However, it doesn’t mean that it has to consume your life. You can still have fun while planning your wedding – trust me!
Recognize When You are Getting Stressed
- Muscle tension
- Unable to sleep
- Excessive worry
Ask for Help
- I know, you want your wedding a certain way, but you are feeling overwhelmed and tired. Allow your body and mind to rest for a little bit.
- Ask your bridesmaids, maid of honor, family, friends, and let’s not forget about your fiancé!
Remember to Eat and Sleep
- Meet your basic biological needs and give your body the nutrients it deserves
- Get some rest, so you have the energy to manage the upcoming days. You should get about 8 hours of sleep – set a timer at night if you need to.
- Eat three balanced meals with two snacks in between.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Added bonus: drinking enough water will help you look great on your wedding day!
Implement Coping Skills
- Engage in deep breathing
- Read a fun book
- Go to a yoga class
- Talk to a friend
- Schedule a date night with your fiancé or have a girl’s night.
- Don’t talk about the wedding!! At least for a few hours.
- Enjoy the moment with friends and loved ones along the journey.
Remember that these tips can also be implemented in your life even after the big day! Engaging in these behaviors not only helps with stress, but also promotes closeness with your partner, friends, and family.
If you would like to learn more on how to implement coping skills and how to manage stress in your relationship, I encourage you to check out my online relationship class at ModernWellnessCounseling.com. You can also save money on your marriage license by completing the program!
Priscilla specializes in helping engaged couples learn the strategic tools needed to be on the same page throughout every chapter of their lives. Visit ModernWellnessCounseling.com/Premarital-Counseling to get more information on how you can begin to plan for your marriage.
By Priscilla Rodriguez, M.S., LMFT, Owner of Modern Wellness Counseling
Priscilla specializes in working with engaged couples and helps them learn the strategic tools needed so that they can be on the same page throughout every chapter of their lives. Be sure to check out the online premarital courses and do not forget to download the Free Conversation Checklist for Engaged Couples.
Click Below For More Info On Our Featured Vendors
Suggested Blog Posts For You