I get that planning a wedding gets busy and is something that is on your mind, even if you have an awesome wedding planner helping you along.
So, how do you make time for your relationship in between all your meetings and wedding planning?
Begin to develop small moments to connect with your fiancé that will begin to set the stage for your marriage to come. These small moments of connection are often referred to as “couple rituals,” because they can be unique to your relationship and are a time to share something meaningful with your partner.
Some examples can be:
- Sharing a kiss before leaving to work
- – Check out how a six second kiss can impact your relationship
- Check in with your partner when you get to work and send a nice text “wishing them to have a great day”
- While getting ready or before you leave to work, share what you are looking forward to that day
– This will give you a chance to express some encouragement
- At the end of the day, wind down together, whether this means going to bed at the same, even if that means you both won’t fall asleep at the same time.
Developing and honoring these small moments of connection will lead to having multiple opportunities of expressing care, engaging in quality time, and to feel close with your fiancé.